How to Set Goals as a Family
How do you set goals as a family and make them happen?
Do you face obstacles or achieve your goals? In this episode Hosts; Sharlene and Joshua are joined by Dill & Wendyann Francis to discuss how, as a family, we’re able to work together and create our family goals. We’ve been doing this for the last few years now and it’s really helped us stay accountable.
- Why is it important to set goals as a family?
- This is vital for investing in your family’s success. When we have common goals, there is positivity and growth in the home. Setting goals together allows us to get a better understanding of your spouse and creates a stronger bond.
- What lessons have we learned from setting goals as a family?
- Creating a budget or plan can be fun. It also highlights that there are benefits to short-term sacrifices to ensure medium to long-term goals.
- One can learn patience; with yourself and with the other family members.
- Failure doesn’t exist.
- It’s important to set the right goals.
- Flexibility is essential.
- Self-compassion is powerful.
- Celebrating accomplishment is key.
- What advice would we give to a family as it relates to setting goals?
- Never give up. There is no such thing as failure, keep at it.
- Have healthy discussions about what you want for the family. It is never too late to start.
- Support each other. Compromise is key.
- A scripture of encouragement – Isaiah 41:10 KJV.
- Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Setting goals as a family is one of the most important steps you can take to invest in your family’s success. When we have common goals, there’s positivity and growth in the home.
Creating a budget or plan with your spouse can be fun too! It also highlights that there are benefits to short-term sacrifices to ensure medium to long-term goals. The time spent on goal setting will pay off when you’re working towards something together down the road. Never give up!